We @ Monark University, offering the research oriented degree course: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) which is a doctorate program comprised of an advanced academic work integrated with deep research and innovative execution. Aim of the course is to develop novel or advanced concepts of existing principle/ theories/ perspectives for advancement of the society. Research is a tool for gaining knowledge and making learning more accessible. Since research is an endless journey; We are providing a platform for researchers to pursue the Ph.D. degree program and to start-up their research career in their respective area of interest/ discipline because without research, the society individuals could not possibly survived to this point of time.
We offer Ph.D. program in Full-Time and Part-Time mode with the stipulated time durations mentioned in the University’s Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Ordinances, 2021. This program is uniquely designed in such a manner that effective contributions in the various disciplines could be achieved from the researchers through the supervision & mentoring supports from the expert guides. After successful completion of their research work; thesis is to be submitted by the researcher which will be further evaluated and then after the degree of Ph.D. will be awarded subject to the UGC Ph.D. regulations 2016 & 2018 (1st and 2nd amendment) and as amended from time to time.
Have any Query Regarding Application & Submission of PhD. ?
For any query regarding online application & submission, kindly communicate to Dr. Tanmaykumar R. Pandit (Research Coordinator) at email@example.com
- Monark University invites online applications for admission to Ph.D. program for the academic year 2023-24.
- Online application for Ph.D. will be commenced from 1st June, 2023 and concluded on 30th June, 2023.
- Tentative date for the entrance test will be declared soon on this website.
Step-1: Interested and eligible candidates shall submit their individual’s application form in online mode using the following link:
Step-2: Select Ph.D. program and click on “I Agree” to proceed further.
Step-3: Fill all the necessary details (marked with *) and upload the supporting documents.
Step-4: After verifying all the filled details and uploading supporting documents; click on the “SUBMIT” button.
Step-5: After submitting the application form, candidate will have to pay the application processing fees of Rs. 2,000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) in the payment gateway through any online mode (UPI/Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card) or through offline mode-Cheque/DD in favour of “Monark University” (payable at Ahmedabad).
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION: After the successful payment through any of the mode, candidates are hereby instructed to take a printout of payment reference number of the successful payment transaction.
Step-6: Take a print out of application (from the USER ID & Password as received on your registered e-mail ID). Printed application form along with the payment details are to be submitted along with a hard copy of the application duly accompanied by self-attested copies of certificates of educational qualifications etc. and dispatch by registered/speed post to the Registrar at Monark University, At & Post: Vahelal, Naroda-Dahegam Road, Ta. Dascroi, Dist. Ahmedabad-382330, Gujarat, India.
- Candidates applying for admission to Ph.D. program shall have Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent Grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC varying from time to time.
- After successful scrutiny of the received applications; the list of eligible candidates to appear for entrance test as well as the list of candidates who are exempted from the entrance test will be displayed on our website: https://monarkuni.ac.in/phd-course/
- The objective of this entrance test shall be to examine the academic competence of the candidate in the broad area of the discipline. Entrance test of the eligible candidates will be conducted by the Monark University. It shall be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and will carry 100 marks: 50 marks of Paper-I: Research Methodology, Functional English Language, Functional Knowledge of Computer and 50 marks of Paper-II: Subject Specific. This test will be of 100 questions having 1 mark each with no negative marking and the duration shall be 120 minutes.
- A candidate shall be required to secure at least 50% marks in the entrance test to qualify for Personal Interview & Research Proposal Presentation. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Differently-abled category in the entrance test conducted by Monark University.
- Result will be declared within a week of the conduction of entrance test.
- The candidates having one or more of the following qualifications shall be exempted from appearing at the entrance test.
(i) qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/ qualified UGC-CSIR NET/ SET/ GATE
(ii) teacher fellowship holder
(iii) M.Phil. degree holder whose admission was granted through entrance test conducted by the concerned university
- Personal interview shall be arranged by the respective faculty/ department of Monark University for the candidates who have qualified the entrance test as well as for the exempted candidates. Detailed schedule of the PI will be displayed on the website as well as on the departmental notice board.
- Candidates shall be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before an Expert Committee.
- A candidate who remains absent during the scheduled Research Proposal Presentation shall be treated as not interested to pursue Ph.D. from the Monark University and his/her candidature shall be cancelled forthwith and will not be called during subsequent rounds, if arranged.
- The University will not provide transport allowance (TA) or accommodation to any candidate for appearing in the Entrance Test or Research Proposal Presentation.
- Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their performance in the entrance test, personal interview and research proposal presentation.
- Candidate whose name is recorded in the merit list shall be provisionally eligible for the admission in Ph.D.
- Selection for admission to Ph.D. program will be subject to:
(i) availability of vacant seats in order of merit and
(ii) consent of one of the Supervisors who has declared seats for taking the students in the particular academic year.
Fees Payable (in Rs.)
(to be paid only once)
Course Work Fees
(to be paid only once)
Thesis Submission Fees
(to be paid only once)